Hip-hop mogul Jay Z has lyrics to a song that goes, “I got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one,” referring, not too gentlemanly, to not having any “women” problems. This is not the case for the still undefeated Floyd “Money” Mayweather, who won a controversial decision victory over Argentina’s Marcos Maidana.
With many split on who won the fight (I had Maidana winning), and Mayweather’s face looking worse than “El Chino’s,” the question that must be answered: did his feud with Nelly, 50 Cent and ex-fiancee Shantel Jackson have anything to do with his lackluster performance against the hard hitting Maidana?
Here are a few facts:
• Mayweather posted an Instagram picture of the ex-fiancee’s sonogram showing her being pregnant with twins, then says in an interview with Showtime, she had an abortion because she didn’t want to “mess up her body.”
• “Money” says he paid for Jackson’s plastic surgery to many parts of her body, including face.
• Rapper Nelly is now dating Jackson and said “Me and Mayweather are not friends” and on a song takes a shot at him saying “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
• 50 Cent weighed in on the situation with Instagram posts making light of the situation between Mayweather, Nelly and Jackson and he says Mayweather still owes him $2 million for a promotion company.
• Mayweather says in this video, “I [take pictures with] rappers that are relevant. A lot of them are trying to stay alive off of my name, but I’m relevant.”
TVMix.com predicted a 12-round decision victory for Mayweather, but after watching the fight live, we think Maidana won the fight convincingly, giving him 7 of 12 rounds. Maidana didn’t have the same controversy surrounding him, although he also doesn’t put himself in situations that warrant that.
So, did Mayweather’s out-of-the-ring relationships and environment cause him to not be his normal, dominant self? 100%. Even though Maidana is a tough fighter with power in both of his hands, Mayweather should of had an easy fight with him.
But with distractions and Maidana trying to take Mayweather out, it made for a tougher fight than usual, with fans wanting to see an immediate rematch in Sep-tember.
You might also like:
FLoyd Mayweather Wins: Complete round by round analysis
Floyd Mayweather’s 5 best cars
Mayweather vs. Maidana: should you bet on the fight?
Check out UFC Next on FilmOn:
Follow TV Mix on Twitter: @tvmixusa
Contact TV Mix: firstname.lastname@example.org